cheezy art

I am Alan Cheezy. In between making cheezy jokes, I make cheezy art. FART.

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Cheeky is Squinty

Alright, it's time to restart my restart of this blog! I am uploading some art I worked on. For those of you who don't know, Sean "Cheeks" Galloway is a talented character designer and much more. He's taking on the task of doing 500 headshots right now, and I can't help but be inspired by that. I remember a funky photo he took leading up to Heroes con, and I'm using that as the goofy head reference. For me, it's always a challenge to exaggerate proportions. And I hate how I only realize it after I've colored it. I literally go all in, and without taking a step back, I finish it. I'm trying to break free from that.
Check it.


Above is my final piece. Pretty straightforward.

Above, my pencil/pen work with the reference photo.

Above, my revisited quick sketch. Trying to be less stiff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home