cheezy art

I am Alan Cheezy. In between making cheezy jokes, I make cheezy art. FART.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Idle Quickies

I haven't posted since my big rebirth of creativity. BUT, that's not to say I haven't been drawing! I have since, did a lot of little thumbnail "studies", posted 3 or so pieces on my MySpace page as part of my little group of CSUF Alums monthly drawing assignments, and I had 2 pieces of art shown at the Nickelodeon University Gallery which just ended I believe.


Title - Rediscovery: Baby Steps
This basically reminded me of my early years in drawing. It also gave me this visual association of a baby going from crawling, to taking small steps, to fully walking. The famous images of evolution was also an inspiration for the title.


Title - Rediscovery: Confidence
Personally, it was confidence in myself as an artist, getting back into form. The model also struck a number of poses displaying confidence. Sound cheesy, I know. Welcome to my blog.

And now, the actual Idle Quickies. The following 4 quickies are all from the same day. This was done roughly a month ago.

-This was the first incident of the morning on my way to the studio. Driving along Magnolia, I saw a rather big African American guy standing outside Walgreens. He had a plastic bag in his left hand and he was violently pointing and saying something to two employees who were positioned as if blocking both entrances. I tried to hear what he was saying, but I will never know.


-Just after the Walgreens, I saw this old couple at a bus stop. The man was obviously tired of the nagging.


-On my way home, this really skinny kid was wearing a over-sized t-shirt and baggy jeans. But he had this musical aura around him as he had his white headphones on, with an iPod shuffle clipped onto his shirt.


-And at the end of the day, I come back to the apartment. My roommate is in the kitchen with a glass of water. We always end up talking about movies and superheroes, and this night was no different. I remember him striking a pose as he was talking about Wolverine. I kept noticing the water in his glass about to spill. I also noticed his belly button. But at the same time, I was listening to everything he was saying. He was talking about the adamantium.

So, eventually I will clean these up and/or color them. Maybe a week at a time, or sporadically. Enojoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger J. Wood said…

    Hey Alan! Cool to see you've decided to join the crazy blog world : ) Post-it drawing is always fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home